BENEFITS OF GRATITUDE
GRATITUDE IMPROVES SLEEP
Practicing gratitude in the morning and at night time, allows one to put aside the days' stressors and focus on outcomes eliminating restlessness and provides comfort.
GRATITUDE MAKES US HAPPIER
When we think about all the "little things' we are grateful for, it automatically places a smile on your face!
GRATITUDE INCREASES PRODUCTIVITY
Gratitude allows one to be in the moment. Focusing on the "here and now", eliminating distraction, procrastination and allows one to concentrate on goals.
GRATITUDE MAKES US HEALTHIER
When you are grateful for "YOU". You will treat your body as a temple and practice healthy self habits.
GRATITUDE DEEPENS FRIENDSHIPS
When you say "Thank You" often to others, others will know you appreciate, value, and respect their ideas. This will cause support to strengthen and trust to form.
GRATITUDE INCREASES SELF-ESTEEM
Gratitude can combat sadness, grief, comparison by building self-worth. confidence and appreciation of self.
OTHER BENEFITS OF GRATITUDE
-Gratitude makes people like us.
-Gratitude boosts our career.
-Gratitude strengthens our positive emotions.
-Gratitude develops our personality.
-Gratitude makes us more optimistic.
-Gratitude makes us less self-centered.
-Gratitude increases your energy levels.
-Gratitude makes you more likely to exercise.
-Gratitude helps us bounce back.
-Gratitude makes us feel good.
-Gratitude helps us relax.
-Gratitude makes you friendlier.
-Gratitude helps you make friends.
-Gratitude makes you a more effective manager.
-Gratitude helps you network.
-Gratitude increases your goal achievement.
-Gratitude improves your decision-making.
BENEFITS OF GRATITUDE JOURNALING
1. Lower stress levels.
2. Feel calm at night.
3. Gain a new perspective of what is important to you and what you truly appreciate in your life.
4. By noting what you are grateful for, you will gain clarity on what you want to have more of in your life, and what you can cut from your life.
5. Helps you focus on what really matters.
6. Keeping a gratitude journal helps you learn more about yourself and become more self-aware.
7. Your gratitude journal is a safe zone for your eyes only, so you can write anything you feel without judgment.
8. On days when you feel blue, read back through your gratitude journal to readjust your attitude and remember that you have great people and things in your life.
HOW TO MAINTAIN A GRATITUDE JOURNAL
1. Plan to write in your gratitude journal every night for 15 minutes before bed. Set an alarm reminder on your phone or schedule it in your calendar. I've found that it is easier to write at night so that I can include things that I am grateful for from that day.
2. Keep your gratitude journal by your nightstand so you will see it before going to sleep and remember to jot down what you are thankful for. Your journal may even become a symbol of gratitude so that when you just look at it, you will feel a sense of appreciation.
3. Write as many things as you want in your gratitude journal. Writing down 5-10 things that you are grateful for each day is a good number to aim for.
4. Your gratitude journal doesn't have to be deep. What you are thankful for can be as simple as "family" or "the new book or movie I recently enjoyed" or "this morning's breakfast." What you are grateful for will differ from everyone else.
5. The timing of when you want to write is up to you. While I try to write in my gratitude journal every night, sometimes it becomes every other night. That's okay. Journal when it feels right for you -- the benefits really are worth it.
Information cited by HuffPost. "The Benefits of a Gratitude Journal and How to Maintain One"